Vishwakarma Yojana 2023 : Prime Minister Narendra Modi introduced the Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana for traditional artists and craftspeople during his speech at Red Fort on the occasion of the 77th Independence Day. On the occasion of Vishwakarma Jayanti in September 2023, this program will be formally introduced, and registration for the PM Vishwakarma Yojana will soon begin. The Vishwakarma Scheme is created to benefit the nation’s diligent small business owners and workers. This unique program offers training, cutting-edge methods, and skill-related advice in addition to financial aid. Small workers, craftsmen, and farmers can investigate opportunities to join the MSME (Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises) with the aid of the Vishwakarma Scheme. They will learn more about MSME and its advantages as a result of this.
Vishwakarma Yojana 2023
On August 15, Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a government initiative called the PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana. With a particular focus on traditional artists and crafters, this program aims to empower small business owners. It provides training, knowledge of cutting-edge procedures, and skill-related coaching in addition to cash help to these small workers and craftsmen. With a budget of over 15 thousand crore rupees, the program has a big budget and demonstrates a major government investment. Individuals in traditional trades like goldsmiths, blacksmiths, hairdressers, washermen, masons (raajamistree), and merchants will benefit from this enormous sum of 15,000 crore rupees.
This program has been specifically announced for our nation’s skilled artisans who are struggling financially and are unable to live better lives despite their talents. Many people who could advance society if given the chance are impacted by this. For this reason, on September 17, 2023, the government will launch the Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana. This yojana will provide trained and financial assistance to talented artisans who require it. The government hopes that by doing this, these artisans will become more financially secure and would be able to contribute more to our society and nation.
Vishwakarma Yojana 2023
Scheme Name : PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana
Category : AtmaNirbhar Bharat
Launch Date : 17 September 2023
Announce Date : 15 August 2023
Beneficiaries : SC ST OBC, economic weak category people, traditional artisans and craftspeople
Launch by :PM Shri Narendra Modi
Budget 13000 to 15000 Crore Rs.
PM Vishwakarma Yojana Objective
The first program of its kind in India, PM Vishwakarma assists each small business owner, traditional craftsman, and artisan in the community in expanding their traditional goods and services. The topics listed below help to clarify the scope of the Vishwakarma Yojana’s ambitious goals.
Recognizing all Indian artisans and craftspeople as Vishwakarma and providing them with financial support for their businesses as well as other advantages
to occasionally educate them about business and industry and to improve their skills in order to make them more efficient.
Modernization of all production-related machinery and a rise in output volume, output rate, and product quality
Giving beneficiaries of the Vishwakarma Yojana loans that are straightforward, collateral-free, and low interest rate, as well as interest rate rebates
Promoting digital transactions and educating people about them will help beneficiaries of the Vishwakarma Yojana become more digitally empowered.
to give a platform for brand promotion and market participation to aid in the high market
purchases and possibilities for new development
The PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana’s main objective is to improve the caliber, accessibility, and availability of goods and services produced by local small businesses, traditional craftspeople, and artisans across the country. This program intends to empower and provide financial benefits to a variety of small artisans, such as weavers, goldsmiths, blacksmiths, and laundry workers. These people will benefit financially from this program and have access to training that will help them advance their careers. The government is aware that many small artisans lack the necessary training, which prevents their skills from being appreciated and developed. The Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana aims to change this by granting financial aid and training through MSME to improve the overall quality, scope, and accessibility of their goods and services.
The government is aware that several talented small artisans in numerous fields have vital skills and experience. Financial limitations, however, frequently keep people from reaching their full potential and force them to live in poverty. A sizeable percentage of our society is negatively impacted by this regrettable circumstance, including those with extraordinary abilities who are constrained by a lack of resources from actively contributing to the advancement of civilization. The government has declared that the Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana will begin on September 17, 2023, in order to address this problem. This program intends to give these talented artisans who are in need training and financial assistance. The government wants to improve the financial security of these small craftspeople by providing them with both training and funding. As a result, they will be better able to contribute to the growth of society and the country.
State governments will participate in the Vishwakarma Yojana, an initiative of the Central Government. The Central and State Governments will collaborate to make this program simple for people to access and take advantage of.
PM Vishwakarma Yojana Main Features
The PM Vishwakarma Yojana was mentioned in Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman’s budget speech for 2023–2024.
The PM Vishwakarma Yojana will be successfully implemented thanks to a budgetary allocation of Rs 13,000 crore.
This program will directly assist members of the Vishwakarma community. People from a variety of backgrounds are present in this neighborhood.
As part of this program, even people in Kargil will receive practical training.
The government would provide financial assistance in the form of loans in the amount of Rs 1,000,000 to Rs 2,000,000. In addition, the government contributes 5% toward these loans.
The program aims to increase employment.
chances in the neighborhood, which will greatly enhance their financial status.
The majority of the Vishwakarma community’s workers will be able to benefit from this program.
This program will directly benefit millions of craftsmen around the nation who utilize traditional tools to make a variety of goods.
The program will offer self-employment training and help traditional artists promote their goods.
Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Women, Tribals, and other marginalized groups of society would have access to the PM Vishwakarma Yojana.
Around 164 backward castes, including blacksmiths, potters, and sculptors, who rely on traditional crafts for their livelihood, will also receive assistance through this program, which is part of this plan.
Vishwakarma Yojana Eligibility
Anyone employed by one of the 18 family-based traditional companies included in the program or any worker or artisan working in the unorganized sector on the basis of self-employment using their hands and work equipment will be eligible for the Vishwakarma Yojana.
Only those who are at least 18 years old may apply for the program.
Anyone who wants to profit from this scheme must be operating the relevant business as of the registration date and cannot have previously benefited from programs like PMEGP, PM Swanidhi, or Mudra more than five years ago.
Only one family member may benefit from the PM Vishwakarma Yojana. This includes the family’s husband, wife, and unmarried children.
The benefits of this program are not available to anyone who works for any type of government organization (Central or State), including that person’s family members. This comprises the husband, wife, and any unmarried kids who live with them.
Vishwakarma Yojana Benefits
The Indian government has unveiled the revolutionary Vishwakarma scheme, which aims to develop and empower both skilled artisans and common people nationwide. The government hopes that by implementing this program, it will be able to provide small craftsmen with the resources and training they need to improve their skills and find a market for their goods at reasonable costs. This program is a step toward encouraging artisans’ creativity and economic development. The following is a list of Vishwakarma Yojana benefits :
- Official recognition: Artists who join the Vishwakarma Yojana are given a certificate and an identification card designating them as Vishwakarmas.
- Developing Skills: a. Verifying abilities, then 5-7 days (40 hours) of fundamental instruction. b. The chance to sign up for a 15-day (120-hour) advanced training course. b. Receive a daily training allowance of Rs. 500.
- 3. Tool Support: Receive a grant of Rs 15,000 to invest in tools and equipment.
- Financial Assistance: a. Obtain no-collateral enterprise development loans in the amount of Rs. 15,000 (for the First Tranche with an 18-month repayment period) and Rs. 25,000 (for the Second Tranche with a 30-month payback period). b. Take advantage of a 5% concessional interest rate, with MoMSME covering an Interest Subvention ceiling of 8%. c. Credit Guarantee fees are paid for by the Indian government.
- Incentive for digital transactions: Earn Re 1 for each one, up to a monthly cap of 100 transactions.
- Marketing Help: The National Committee for Marketing (NCM) offers services including Quality Certification, Branding and Promotion, E-commerce Linkage, Trade Fairs Advertising, Publicity, and Other Marketing Activities.
- Financial Assistance for Artists: The Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana provides artists with a special loan up to Rs 2 lakh at advantageous terms, easing their financial worries and fostering the growth of their artistic enterprises.
- Flexible Loan Phases with Low Interest Rates: During the scheme’s first phase, artisans can apply for loans of up to Rs. 1 lakh at a low interest rate of 5%, which is customized to their financial situation.
- Comprehensive Skill Enhancement: To ensure that artisans’ skills are up to date in a world that is always changing, the Vishwakarma Yojana concentrates on polishing them through advanced training.
- Empowering Expertise: Skill Training and Tool Incentives: Through skill training and tool incentives, the program seeks to strengthen and conserve traditional artistry while bringing it into line with contemporary norms.
- A Comprehensive Support System: The Vishwakarma Yojana provides a comprehensive support system that includes lenient loan terms, skill development opportunities, toolkit incentives, advantageous digital transaction features, and marketing assistance.
- A Simple Registration Process: Beneficiaries can sign up for the program with no difficulty at common service centers located in the communities, making it easier for people who may not be literate.
- Central Government and State Partnership: Collaborative Funding: The national government provides the majority of the funds for the Vishwakarma Yojana, while state governments actively participate in ensuring its successful implementation.
Trades covered under Vishwakarma Yojana
Iron/Metal Based/Stone Based
Hammer and Tool Kit Maker
Sculptor (Moortikar, stone carver)
Doll & Toy Maker (Traditional)
Garland Maker (Malakaar)
Fishing Net Maker
Vishwakarma Scheme Documents Requirments
The beneficiaries need to provide the following documents or information:
(i) The beneficiaries must provide specific documents and information in order to complete the registration process. These include of ration cards, mobile numbers, bank information, and Aadhaar cards. It’s crucial to remember that registration requires a ration card.
- Aadhaar cards
- mobile numbers
- bank details
- ration cards
You can carry the following documents with you
- Aadhar card.
- Voter ID card
- PAN card
- Domicile certificate
- Phone number
- Email id
- Passport size color photograph
- Work-related documents
- Bank account details
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate. (if related)
Vishwakarma Yojana Online Registration
The Vishwakarma Yojana was launched by the Indian government to help local small businesses and skilled craftspeople. The start date for this program’s online registration will be September 17, 2023, Lord Vishwakarma’s birthday. Over 30 lakh families in India would profit from the Vishwakarma Samman Yojana, which will use cutting-edge technology to boost companies on a global scale.
The Indian government’s Vishwakarma Yojana 2023 is a wonderful program that will benefit thousands of Indian households. The Vishwakarma Yojana will soon offer online registration, making it simple for anyone to apply and take advantage of its benefits.
PM Vishwakarma Scheme Helpline Number
Email id: email@example.com
Contact No. : 011-23061574
Official website Click Here